Submission Guidelines for Papers and Posters
|Final submissions should be submitted via the START conference submission system. The submission deadline for TC43 was set back when authors first submitted, as “10-14 days after the close of the conference”. As TC43 ended on 18 November the deadline was 2 December 2021. AsLing has now set the deadline as Monday, 13 December 2021.
NOTE: for Proceedings of TC43 AsLing is NOT in a position to accept files in LaTeX formats.
Main presentation or Poster Presentation authors can upload your final manuscripts or final versions of poster papers at: https://www.softconf.com/l/tc2021/ (requires you to login).
Scroll down this page to review templates and submissions instructions. Submissions can be edited or corrected up until the deadline.
|Authors should please check out the templates and other instructions they will be expected to adhere to when preparing and submitted their final papers and posters. To assist authors, we provide links to these, below.|
Templates and Submission Instructions for E-Proceedings 2021
Manuscripts of all final papers and posters must be submitted using one of the template formats provided here as follows. Formal papers describing workshops should adhere to the rules applicable for final papers connected to talks. Non-academic papers expanding on user session talks should follow the same general format as other final papers, starting with an abstract, followed by the body of the paper and ending with (in these cases, optional) references and bibliography. The body of non-academic papers may be structured freely. A summing up or conclusions section as the final part of the body is desirable in these papers, but not mandatory.
TC43 provides this description as Microsoft Word templates (both .docx and .doc versions). Users of OpenOffice and/or LibreOffice should be able to open MS-Word templates in their software. Upon request, AsLing may be able to provide Open Text Document templates (.ott).
For these formats, we provide both a zipped package (containing a document that explains the formatting rules while itself conforming to them, an actual template file, and the respective output of the sample, as a pdf file. For Word, both docx (Word 2007 and newer versions) and doc (Word 97-2003) samples and templates are included.
We strongly recommend the use of these style templates, appropriately tailored for the tc43 Proceedings.
- Microsoft Word templates and formatting instructions (NOTE: PLEASE IGNORE all references in these templates or formats referring to LaTeX; these are not valid for TC43). Also, while font formats and sizes given should, if possible, be adhered to, AsLing will accept final papers even if other fonts or font sizes are used and will edit these on bahalf of the authors. )
- tc43(Word).zip – contains all of the following 5 files
- docx – in MS-Word 2007 and newer format. This document contains the formatting instructions for preparing a camera-ready version of papers accepted for publication at the tc43 conference. The document itself conforms to its own specifications, and is therefore an example of what your manuscript should look like. Authors are asked to conform to all the directions reported in this document.
- dotx – template for use in MS-Word 2007 and newer to format your manuscript.
- doc – in MS-Word 97-2003 format. Otherwise the same as tc43.docx.
- dot – template for use in MS-Word 97-2003 to format your manuscript.
- tc43(Word).pdf – output in Portable Document format, of tc43.docx.
Set of files and templates for OpenOffice and/or LibreOffice (Open Document Format) may follow at a later point in time, if AsLing receives requests for these formats.
Final paper and poster manuscripts should be submitted via the START conference submission system. Corresponding author will have received an email referring to these instructions and providing a direct upload link. You will be informed when you can upload your final manuscripts or final versions of poster papers at:
https://www.softconf.com/l/tc2021/ (requires you to login)
Your submission should be directly accessible via its title in the “Your submission(s)” list.
You do not need to access it via the “Access to submissions using the passcode” route. Should you wish to, nevertheless, please refer to your original submission mails, or the mail in which we confirmed acceptance of your proposal. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, allowing 1-2 days to retrieve your passcode.
Select your submission, then chose the menu option which appears:
Final submission: Submit your Final submission.
Please make sure you have used the above links to read the instructions and use the correct format templates or style sheets for your final manuscripts, before you upload the final versions of your paper or poster.
WHAT WILL BE REQUIRED for the Final Submission
- You have the option to edit the Title and Short Abstract that you entered for your original submission.
- (Please note that changes to the list of co-authors or, if necessary, to your extended abstract, can only be made by sending these to us at email@example.com and are subject to AsLing approval. Make sure you include tc43, the Submission number, and at least the surname of the corresponding author in the Subject text of your mail. Note too, that the authors names in the paper and in the START system must match.)
- You will also be required to upload a file containing the biography text (yours and that of any/all co-authors). You may provide the same file you uploaded for your initial submissions, limiting the text, per author, to a maximum of 500 words.
- You may also upload new, revised digital photos of yourself and of your co-author(s), for use on our site as well as in the Authors section of the conference proceedings. If you wish us to use the photo(s) you uploaded for the initial submission, please indicate. In the case of multiple authors, please combine the image files of all authors into an archive file (zip, rar, tar, tgz, tgz2, or similar format).
- We ask for an editable version of your final paper/Poster (limited to 5,000 words for all types of papers, except Poster papers for which the limit is 2,000 words; word limits EXCLUDE bibliography and references. Bibliography and references should be limited to 3 pages for all types except Posters, for which the limit is 2 pages).
- Finally, we ask for a camera-ready PDF file for inclusion in the E-Proceedings.
Final submissions may be edited or corrected up until the submission deadline, set, for TC43 as 13 December 2021 inclusive.
Only full and posters papers meeting all submission guidelines, submitted by the deadline, for which at least one of the authors has duly registered will be included for publishing in the E-Proceedings of the 43rd Translating and the Computer Conference Proceedings 2021, which will be published with an ISBN number.